Orange Vale Water Company was formed on May 23, 1896 out of its predecessor, Orange Vale Colonization Company. Orange Vale Water Company serves a population of approximately 15,200 and 5,500 service connections within the central portion of OrangeVale, which also includes small sections of Fair Oaks and City of Folsom. The Company is comprised of approximately 3,075 acres of land, bounded on the west roughly by Kenneth Avenue, to the east where Madison Avenue and Greenback Lane merge, north of Pershing Avenue on the south and Oak Avenue to the north.
The best water in the nation
This pristine supply is from pure snowpack direct from the Sierra Nevada Mountains, traveling along three forks of the American River and into Folsom Lake. We believe this water supply to be of the finest and highest quality in the nation.
By the people, for the people…
We are a mutual water company, not a public agency. We are owned by the people of our service area. Our water supply is purchased from San Juan Water District and delivered via gravity feed through the Sidney N. Petersen Treatment Plant direct from the beautiful Folsom Reservoir.
The customer comes first
Orange Vale Water Company is and always has been dedicated to serving our customers not only an excellent quality water supply, but immediate customer service as well. We are available to assist you by just a simple telephone call for a water emergency, billing questions, comments or concerns. We value you as our customer.
Did you know?
- Orange Vale was called “the most beautiful and first successful Colony in the U.S.”?
- Just a couple of miles to the North of here, is the historic “Indian Stone Corral”?
- You can still see the old railroad cut on Orange Vale Avenue?
- The old Lincoln Highway traveled through a portion of Orange Vale?
- The first female board member of Orange Vale Water Company was Annie Pickles elected 1901.
- The first superintendent employed by Orange Vale Water Company was Mr. Moeszinger nicknamed “Pipeman”.
Our customers always come first, because our customers are the company. We’re here to serve and to help with all your needs and questions.